Manscat is all about shit and the men who love it
All about shit and the men who love it

Spread the good turd.

Samples taken from the Shitbase forum inside. These pages are fodder for the search engines. Names and info have been stripped to protect the shitty.

Why is shit brown?

The color may come from bilirubin, a pigment that arises from the breakdown of red blood cells in the liver and bone marrow. The actual metabolic pathway of bilirubin and its byproducts in the body is very complicated, so we will simply say that a lot of it ends up in the intestine, where it is further modified by bacterial action. The colors of these molecules are due to their complex structures, which contain rings of carbon and nitrogen atoms. Intestinal bacteria further modify bilirubin to produce urobilinogen and stercobilinogen. The red color of blood is also due to the porphyrin ring of heme (and not iron).

Smellypoop 2002-08-22
If you mix up all the colors in your paint set, what color do you get? Brown. Mix all your food up and then oxidize it, you get brown.

Puddles 2003-01-18
Shit is mostly shades of brown or yellow, but other colors can arise under certain circumstances. For example, someone with a bleeding ulcer might have tarry black poop from the presence of partially digested blood. Bleeding in the intestine, from an anal fissure or split, for example, can stain the poop red. Some illnesses in babies gives them green or even blue-green poop. But another source of blue poop is more innocent: it can come from eating a concentrated source of blue food coloring such as ice cream. Intense red food coloring can produce bright red poop. Sometimes brightly colored foods pass through the gut almost unchanged, and the turd may be speckled with bright red fragments such as pimentos, or bright yellow kernels of corn. One can experience white poop after consuming a barium milkshake for the purposes of getting an x-ray of the upper gastrointestinal tract.

The red alert is black shit, resulting from internal bleeding. In this case you may be exposingyourself to blood products from your partner.

Smellypoop 2002-08-22
Pig out on red velvet cake and get a shock in the morning! (Best to remember the cake so you don't fall over and into the toilet. Before I remembered the cake I was almost in shock, thinking all sorts of scary things. I've never pigged out again like that on red velvet, but I do still love it. <G>
Black shit can also come from drinking red wine, so the red alert may not be so obvious, not necessarily internal bleeding.
Iron Supplements can darken the stool, too, sometimes to black!
A lot of guys don't know that Pepto Bismol will when taken leave a black spot in your turds...I got scared one time when i saw black cause usually its not a good sign cancer can come from dark black blood and bleeding ulcers or any bleeding....Blood in stool is best red and fresh to not worry so much unless large quanties and dosen't clear up soon..But best is Brown turds and no blood at all Peace...
What a marvellous treatise from Steward on bilirubin. I first heard of it when I got hepatitisB some years back and getting mine back to normal was a long process. So many thanks, Steward
Shit is brown because it absorbs the all the visible light except brown. The brown light is the only light reflected, so you see brown.
Don't be too surprised if you've been eating beets or cherry pie. Sometimes the "red" shows up when you shit.
Shit is brown because it's a nice color, and looks good on rveryone.
EHEHEH guess brown goes with whatever you wear..even pink...
Pink! Ugh!

But it does look great with PukeBile-yellow/green. And MorningPiss Yellow. And SnotBeige. And Hobo-ToejamBlack. And, of course, it can always be complimented by the various shades of Dogshit-Brown-and-Yellow!

YesSir! Brown is the wearall color!
Last week I ate a lot of Oreos mint filling, and my poop turned very dark two days later!!!! Not sure if it was the dark cookies or the green filling, but I sure saw a difference.

BACK